Oct 19, 2013

Curating Week

Last week I became the curator for @weRIndonesian which was an honor to me to curate the account and promote my beloved Indonesia through twitter.

As Indonesian living in Malaysia, I always think of myself as the representative of my country as ambassador. I always want to show people I meet that this is an Indonesian, this kind of people you will meet in Indonesia. I always try to promote and share about my country, I guess I love my country too much, and if there is a chance to tell how great Indonesia is to even more people I always love to take that chance.

The first time I heard about rotation curator was from Doria and Idayu told me about a malaysian guy who study film making in Indonesia and became curator for @twt_malaysia and then I started to follow that account. It was amazing to see different perspective from different people every week. They were talking about different things, about life, about philosophy about culture, joke from their own point of view. It inspired me to do the same, to share, to promote my country and to make a bridge between the two countries, Indonesia and Malaysia.

It wasn't until last month before I was selected to curate the account and the thought came back again, this is the time. I finally tweet about 4 main things throughout the week : relationship between Indonesia and malaysia, wall climbing, programming, and my boring life :P

I always try to find a tweet that become suitable for both countries, I was trying to let both countries understand that although we are not the same, we are not that different either. I tried my best but for the whole week I found very few discussion with the followers which actually intrigue me. Why?

Most of Indonesian I know are very active in twitter, they can have thousands of tweet in just a few months. Comparing with the followers of @twt_malaysia (now i go again comparing Indonesia-Malaysia) they are very active, retweeting, mention, argue with the curator. I really have no idea.

So, yeah, that's how it went. When I was curating the account sometimes I confused what to twit. Lack of feedback and interaction form the followers made me insecure. The feeling of whether I am good enough for this disturbed me. In the end I just tweet anything I have in mind and sometimes it just flow, as how I tweet about Malay in Indonesia and Malaysia or about Indonesian worker in Malaysia, but most of the time I was too busy to tweet, and even more my boss follow me :P

Ok ok so that's all, nothing much, till then


Ciaosz!!